Originally posted at Smooth Sale
CEO Powerful Women International Connections
BEST YEAR YET!
Here we are at the mid-point of the first month of this brand new year. Most of us are still excited to take on our new challenges and goals. While the excitement is still fresh, there may be a tinge of worry about the things that have stopped us before and are now lurking in the shadows to possibly hold us back. Now is the perfect time to tackle these “Stoppers.”
Fear is the worst as it can paralyze you. The morning of my very first seminar, I woke up in so much fear that I was in a panic. I was worried that people were not going to show up and that everything would go wrong. So, I prayed. Then I declared, “Fear you just have to go!” Not only did the seminar go very well, to my surprise, the media was also there. The session went extraordinarily well, and I was all over the news! Fear comes in many ways. You must embrace it, acknowledge it, and know it is there, and keep moving forward.
The second stopper is to worry about others judging us. No one likes being judged yet some choose to do it anyway. As a result, we might not do things for that very reason. We don’t have to like it, but since people are going to judge us anyway, let them. Just don’t let it stop you from doing what you are here to do. All we need to do is to ignore it and keep moving forward. Just do it!
The third “stopper” is not having enough time and or money. Have you ever noticed how someone with little of either is still able to accomplish great things? How does that happen? It happens because of their passion and commitment to achieve their goals. With these two factors in place, you, too, can overcome any challenge. To keep moving forward, find ways to feed your passion and your commitment on a daily basis. Even one small step each day will get you to your goal.
Dr. Veronica Hunnicutt
Passion and Commitment Proof
One of our members, Dr. Veronica Hunnicutt, wanted to help the disadvantaged community in the San Francisco Bay Area by providing a toy give away for the holidays. However, she did not have a place, toys, or money. What she did have was a passion and a commitment to make a difference. While it wasn’t easy, it was immensely rewarding. The challenges were simply hurdles to jump over!
Happily, Dr. Hunnicutt held the event at a donated gym. More than enough toys were donated for the hundreds of children that showed up. Most inspiring are the many companies wanting to continue to help her with her project during the year. It’s amazing what our passion and commitment can accomplish!
We Invite You!
Whatever your interest in making the world a better place, become a part of PWIC’s ‘Women Humanitarian Leaders Global Map’ by completing our short form. We will include on our website among a tapestry of women leaders who are making a difference around the world. Click here to complete the Form and click here to see the map: Leader’s Map.
PWIC members are working with humanitarian projects and causes, such as:
- Advocating for Burn Survivors
- Reducing and Eliminating Human Trafficking
- Reducing Recidivism
- Empowering Women, Men, and Children at Risk
- Empowering Developing Countries
- Reducing and Eliminating Poverty and Homelessness
Together we can make a difference. No matter what the rest of the world is doing, WE can still create a better world. Together, Let’s Make a Bigger Impact in Society!
There are several ways you can join us in our efforts to make the world a better place:
- Become a member of Powerful Women International Connections.
- Mark Your Calendar and plan to attend the Global Impact Conference August 10-11, 2017
- You can make a difference in the lives of others by contributing to our GoFundMe campaign.
If everyone reading this would contribute any amount, even just $10, you can help improve lives. With your help, we can unite more women humanitarian leaders and help them to make a bigger impact.
- Review the low points and high points for the year.
- Acknowledge the lessons learned and what to improve moving forward.
- Smile upon reflecting on your achievements.
- Expand upon those achievements of which you are most proud in 2017.
- Advise others on how you found success.
- Find collaborative partners.
- Include community service in your business plan.
- Teach others to do the same.
- Expand community involvement to embolden your legacy.
- Celebrate Success!