Originally posted at Smooth Sale
The PWIC Story
I frequently think about the chain of events that occur after one person helps another in need. Recognizing the reward in helping, that same person will ask friends to help assist more people. Suddenly we have a team in place helping many in more ways than previously thought possible. “It takes a village” is a true statement. When we work together to empower one, we may also empower large numbers.
We are in the process of building that village.
You can help us make a difference in the lives of many and all around the world by contributing to our GoFundMe campaign.
In Nairobi, Kenya: Grace Gitaka is a woman in Ruiru, a town right outside of Nairobi, Kenya. She operates a school/orphanage for children. It’s a Christian School where the teachers and children pray every day. When I visited the school, I saw first-hand how all the children gather each night to tell Grace good night. It is so heartwarming to see the children feel safe with someone they can look up to as their mother. Most of the children are orphans. They are either runaways or their parents have died of AIDS.
While I was there, I watched Grace take the children to church on Sunday. She would make two to three trips in a rundown van or car to get them there on time. And, although they had ragged uniforms and clothing, the children were happy to have a place to live.
The school is very run down with broken desks, not many books, and lacks supplies. Most of the time, Grace and her staff struggle to provide food. About 5% of the parents live at the orphanage with their children as they also have no other place to go.
Grace has a big heart. She also has a facility where midwives come to deliver new babies. Many pregnant teens come to the orphanage to live until Grace and her staff can find housing for them.
Unfortunately, Grace has taken ill and needs even more assistance. Our goal is to get immediate help to Grace for food and other supplies. We plan to rebuild the school/orphanage. Grace also has a home on the property. Because of who she is in her village, and the gift she brings to children, we also want to help rebuild her home. The school and orphanage is PWIC’s Global project. But, we cannot do it without your support.
Grace Gitaka (left) with a visitor of the school and orphanage
Children living at the orphanage
In your quiet space begin asking questions of yourself:
- Today, what do I hold most important?
- How may I work to leave the world a little better off than how I entered into it?
- Do I need a team to help me attain my fondest vision?
Begin creating a plan of action for all that you wish to accomplish. Make careful note of the education or help that may be required. Give thought to the right collaborative-minded people that might help you. In so doing, inspiration will add momentum to feel newly energized and move full steam ahead.
PWIC connects, collaborates with, and educates women leaders who are making a difference in the world. Our purpose is to strengthen each leader so that she can expand her mission or project to make a bigger impact. Our members collaborate to make their individual efforts stronger and be better able to assist their communities. With our many experts, resources, and information, PWIC helps them to expand their projects and visions.
We are excited to share that we have recently formed our non-profit, a 501c3, PWIC Global Impact, to also assist our members with their callings and projects.
There are several ways you can join us in our efforts to make the world a better place.
- Become a member. Our members are compassionate, authentic women who are making a difference or have a desire to do so. We connect, collaborate with, and educate our members to make a bigger positive impact in society, thereby, strengthening them individually. Our programs also educate and train our members to lead and make a bigger impact in improving lives, and to expand their reach.
- Mark your calendar to attend our Global Conference August 10-11, 2017.
- Donate to our Gifts for the Holidays Campaign Your name will appear on our website.
- Contribute to our campaign to help us make a bigger impact. Any contribution, no matter how small, makes a BIG difference. If just one thousand people each gave $25, we would reach our goal. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visualize your legacy.
- Begin planning your legacy.
- Live your vision for empowering humanity.
- Learn from counterparts what to avoid and what to implement.
- Network with like-minded female leaders.
- Join PWIC.
- Attend our events.
- Report back regarding your progress to brainstorm ideas.
- Implement the new ideas to help more people.
- Celebrate success!