It seems our entire Universe has been out of sorts, so to say. Some people say it is due to the eclipse, others are saying it is the way we treat our planet, Mother Earth. Whatever the reasons, we are seeing many natural disasters, and other things are not going quite as smoothly as we would prefer. Our businesses and workplaces seem to be reeling from constant changes. We are also encountering transitions in our personal lives, as well as our relationships.
Change is not always a bad thing. It forces us to look deeper within. We find our greatest strengths when we are faced with sudden changes. Those changes affect our lives both personally and professionally.
What to Do?
Many times, if not always, the new change can really be a chance to breathe. It is a fresh start, or an opportunity to do something we really wanted. In the beginning, we don’t see the possibilities. Usually we are startled by a sudden change. We may go through natural disasters, a discourse in personal relationships, and our place of work or business may be in upheaval.
Ready for the solution? I have a system called AAO. I was taught this method many years ago by a very wise man. He told me, “Things happen in life all the time. You can either stay in the upset, or rise above it.”
Then he told me, “Leaders always get back up. They get knocked down, and then they rise to the top. At some point, the things that seemed to have knocked us down, OR sudden change, no longer affect us in the same way. We become wiser and much stronger.”
The AAO system.
1. Adapt- Adapt to the situation the best you are able. Do everything you can to make things work out.
2. Adjust- Adjust to your new circumstance or situation. Look at the situation from a different perspective. Realize you can turn the worst situation around. See the good.
3. Overcome- Overcome, remember that you have always overcome your situations in the past. This may be a new situation. However, you have the ability to get through it, and will rise above it.
Key things to remember:
1. If you pray, make sure you do that first. Set your intentions.
2. Stay true to yourself, and your core beliefs.
3. Always do the right thing, no matter what you are going through.
4. Look at the bigger picture, and what positive things can happen even in the worst situations.
5. Stay positive. Look for the silver lining.
6. Talk to someone that will hear, and understand you. Remember your active listeners. You already have the right answers to any situation. Sometimes you just need someone to listen, and validate. Your answers will come forth.
Always do something to help someone else in the process.
One of our members, Cristal Montanez Baylor, joined others to help in the massive flooding in Houston, Texas September 2017. Cristal is an activist and international community leader. She has won many awards for assisting people around the globe. It is her innate gift to make positive changes in the lives of others.
Cristal Montanez Baylor
YES! We can overcome anything!
We rise above our circumstances.
People affected by Hurricane Irma.
Join PWIC in our efforts towards making the world better. Lead, and be a champion! The added benefit is building a highly esteemed personal and company brand.
- Become a member of Powerful Women International Connections.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete our Women Humanitarian Leaders Global Map (at no cost)
to showcase how you are making a difference in today’s world.
- Mark your calendar to attend our Global Impact Conference, November 2-3, 2017
Some of our Humanitarian Member Projects include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting Burn Survivors
- Stopping Human Trafficking
- Reducing Recidivism
- Aiding Children at Risk
- Empowering Developing Countries
- Working with the Homeless
With your help, we can expand our projects, uniting more humanitarian leaders, helping us make a bigger impact in the world. We would love to hear about your vision and how its implementation is changing peoples’ lives.
Follow us on your favorite platform: